Engineer

Questions related to those who have not yet signed up for the SSE Broadband service and want to ask questions regarding the service before joining.
serroco
Engineer

Post by serroco » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:33 am

I will have to have a Engineer visit to change my socket.The thing I wonder is do they set up the router to wireless for you.I can see the problems people are having with there speed and are frustrated with this,but I do not think I will have to worry to much as I get just under 2mb at the moment as this was the best deal at that time living in the sticks.Talk Talk and Sky deals and some others still do not cover our area even now. :D

admin
Site Admin

Re: Engineer

Post by admin » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:35 pm

The engineer from Openreach just comes to do the work on the master socket. I didn't need an engineer myself this time but last time they did ask me if I had the router and plugged it in for me and let me test it with one of my devices.

I don't think they are supposed to really get involved too much in that side of things, but I'm sure they won't mind waiting a couple of minutes whilst you connect to the wireless and make sure it is all working correctly.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:17 pm

I think it all depends if the engineer knows the router. It could be Openreach or one of the agency installers. The agency ones are "usually" not so open to additional work, although a cup of tea and a biscuit can do wonders sometimes :D

When I first had fibre installed it was with the separate OR modem and all the engineer did was plug his laptop to the modem to test the line. It was down to me to set it up after he left (Sky).

Mark

maui

Post by maui » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:01 pm

I was meant to have an engineer visit - but it's just turned 1pm (was between 8-1) and no show... Hmm... Guess SSE have a complaint coming their way for me sitting at home waiting for a no-show :(
My latest speedtest Results: